IRP seeks to acquire:
- North American short line and regional freight railroads.
- International independent, privately owned freight railroads in OECD countries (principally in Australia, Canada, Europe and South America), or government-owned freight railroads in countries seeking to privatize freight railroad operations.
- Railroad related equipment and rail service businesses which complement its railroads.
- If desired, IRP will partner with existing ownership to co-own and/or co-manage already successful operations.
- IRP has extensive financial and industry resources to enable investment in the new marketing, infrastructure and equipment needed to take acquired entities to the next level.